Interested in presenting an event, demonstration or activity at an Abilities Expo Show?
We are eager to bring our attendees activities, demonstrations and events that inform, instruct, engage and entertain. And, for that, we need you!
We are seeking people and organizations to present events like these at the 2019 Abilities Expo shows:
- Adaptive sports demonstrations
- Service animals (dogs and horses)
- Experience areas featuring art, wheelchair skills, rowing, and adaptive gaming
- And more!
Would you like to present an event? Please review the information below and submit a proposal! Deadlines are provided for each show. Please consider proposing your event early! The schedule for each show may be filled prior to the published deadline.
The Goals of All Events at Abilities Expo Shows:
- Provide attendees with an opportunity try activities while they are at the show, connect with the presenting organizations, and continue that connection after the show has ended.
- Broaden awareness of the types of activities available to the disability community in each show region.
- Attendees will meet and see others like themselves participating in these activities.
About Events at Abilities Expo Shows:
- Events occur all three days of the show and take place on the show floor.
- Events can be one-time activities taking place in the Events Arena, or they can be All Day Activities that take place in designated areas on the show floor.
- One-time activities last between 30 and 60 minutes.
- All Day Activities are available during all show hours: 11am – 5pm Friday and Saturday, and 11am – 4pm Sunday.
- All events are FREE to attendees!
- Events must include a demonstration and an opportunity for attendees to try the activity.
- Important! Each event should include a presenter who is comfortable talking to attendees on a microphone – to explain the demonstration and tell attendees more about the activity.
Send Us a Proposal!
We'd love to hear from you. Tell us about the event you want to present, providing the details requested below. Contact us by the deadlines listed below or sooner. All events will be confirmed at least 3 months prior to the show. Send the following information in an email to Christine Selinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A paragraph description about your event. In 4-5 sentences, approximately 150 words, tell us what attendees will see and experience during your event.
- A paragraph description about you or your organization. Please tell us who you are and how you serve the disability community.
- The website address and social media for you or your organization.
- Your name, phone number, email address and social media handles.
The most popular events focus on living life fully with a disability. Sample events and activities that have been successful at past shows include:
- Sports Demonstrations
- Assistance, Service, and Therapy Dog Demos
- Dancing (all styles!)
- Exercise and Fitness Classes
- Fun Activities such as face painting and juggling
- Activities for kids such as sports, crafts, and storytelling
- Gardening Demos
- Horse Therapy Demos, with Miniature Therapy Horses and/or Ponies and Full-Size Horses
- Meet and Greets with Athletes, Celebrities and Mascots
- We do not present the following event types at Abilities Expo: musical performances (vocal or instrumental, except acoustical for children), comedians, product-specific demonstrations (unless presented by a non-profit organization), or motivational/inspirational speakers.
- Remember, all events and activities must include an opportunity for attendees to try the event or activity. It could be trying a sport, learning how to greet a horse, petting a service dog, dancing, making art, or something similar.
Deadlines to Submit Event Proposals:
Los Angeles 2019 (show dates February 22-24): October 22, 2018
New York Metro 2019 (show dates May 3-5): January 3, 2019
Chicago 2019 (show dates June 21-23): February 21, 2019
Houston 2019 (show dates August 2-4): April 2, 2019
Boston 2019 (show dates September 13-15): May 13, 2019
San Mateo/Bay Area 2019 (show dates October 25-27): June 25, 2019
Dallas 2019 (show dates December 13-15): August 13, 2019
Early submission is encouraged. Deadline dates for future shows will be provided approximately 1 year prior to the show dates.
Contact Christine Selinger, Abilities Expo Education and Events Director, for additional information at email@example.com.