Access to AbilitiesVE2 Extended to Dec. 13!
To the thousands of people who joined us online at Abilities Virtual Experience 2, thank you for participating and for your wonderful feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the event as much as we enjoyed creating it.
To everyone, especially the ones who have not yet logged on, the clock is ticking! We would hate for you to miss the incredible resources available at #AbilitiesVE2 and strongly encourage you to come and check it out before midnight Pacific time on Sunday, December, 13.
How do I log on to the Abilities Virtual Experience?
It's easy, just select the category that applies to you below and follow the step-by-step instructions.
I have not yet registered for AbilitiesVE2:
- Step 1: Just click here and complete the registration. it's completely free!
- Step 2: You will receive a confirmation email with your personal access code. If you do not receive this email, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org directly for your login info.
- Step 3: Then, visit AbilitiesVE2 and input your email address and access code.
- Step 4: Be sure to visit the Exhibit Hall for great products and the Schedule for must-see workshops, activities and interviews!
I registered but I haven't logged on to check it out.
- Step 1: Go to AbilitiesVE2 and input your email address and access code. You will find your access code in one of the confirmation emails you received from "Abilities Virtual Experience." If you are having trouble locating that, you can also click "I can't find my access code" or email Klara@shomex.com.
- Step 2: Enjoy the virtual event! Click over to the Exhibit Hall for great products and to the Schedule for a ton of informative content!
I already attended, but I want to see more.
- Step 1: You are probably still logged in or your computer remembers your access info, so just return to virtual.abilities.com/my-show/ to access all of the AbilitiesVE2 features.
- Step 2: If you are not still logged in, just follow Steps 1 and 2 from the "I registered, but haven't logged on" category.
Access products and services to advance your independence
Once you are logged on, you can point your mouse or tab you way to the Exhibit Hall! Here you can filter for a wide range of categories and keywords to find the products and services you are looking for, from high-tech devices to low-cost daily living aids.! Or, just click on logo tiles and use the "Next" and "Previous" buttons to scroll through the virtual booths.
We were very impressed with the all of the wonderful in-booth videos demos and found a few celebrities your may want to see for yourself: Speechless actor Micah Fowler in the VMI booth. extreme athlete Aaron "Wheelz" Fotheringham in the FCA Driveability booth and Paralympian Chris Waddell in the CatTongue Grips booth.
Interviews, workshops and more on demand for you
We received overwhelmingly positive feedback for our new Live Host Channel with Paul Amadeus Lane as our incredible emcee. And we were beyond honored to interview disability community trailblazers like Judy Heumann, the directors of Crip Camp, Imani Barbarin, Alice Wong, Ali Stroker, Chelsie Hill, Lex Frieden and so many more. There were chats with accessible game developers, gamers, actors, comedians, a travel expert, a service dog expert...you get the picture.
The Workshop Channel has something for everyone. Interested in home remodel. Got it. Curious about accessible travel in a COVID world. Got that, too. Overwhelmed by the cost of all of these fantastic products. There's a workshop for that. Interested in discussing sex and disability, or boosting your immune system. Yes and yes. The idea was to provide a variety of disability focused tips, tricks and information that you can put directly into practice.
Look for a ton of fitness instruction, dance, cooking, art, service dog demo and even wheelchair maintenance in the Event Channel. It's hours of adaptive fun and learning waiting for you.
Our recommendation, get some popcorn, get comfy and watch 'em all!
What are you waiting for?
You only have through Sunday, December 13 to take advantage of the myriad of benefits that the Abilities Virtual Experience has to offer you. Get started right now! And email us is you have any questions.
Pre-Register for Abilities Expo Today...It's Free!
Sign up for the Abilities Buzz
Stay in the know on disability news and info.